Monday, December 3, 2007

Guests, Rules, Feedback


We just had some returning Guests stay with us whom we really like. They are an older couple with family in town, and return again and again. Great guests are the reason I stay in the business of providing accommodation. The truth is its hard work and you need to own properties for a good decade before you can hopefully gain substantial equity.

Providing Furnished Rentals is not a cakewalk, it’s a job with responsibilities. Sometimes things happen when you are busy with family or work, but you have to drop everything to address an issue with a guest or a unit. Great Guests remind me why I do it.

Trust develops between lodging host and these special people. I don't ask them for a deposit anymore. If there was a problem and they could not arrive, I would accept this. This has never happened. They leave the place in great shape. They give us feedback on the suite, not just what they like, but what they don't like and what would improve a unique accommodation.

It's hard to even put a price on returning guest feedback. I joked to them I should pay them a managerial fee, but there is a kernel of truth in this joke. I simply don't have the time, or inclination to stay in all the units I manage for weeks at a time. But this is the only way to know what the experience is like. This is why having partner ownership can help, part owners will often provide the kind of hard feedback accommodation providers need to know about the suites we provide.



Remember to use our unique Lijit Search Box for searching both our posts and posts from sites we recommend! Have a real estate/hotel/inn/accomodation/review site you'd like on Furnished Rentals? Email us!

No comments: